MSG Mania

Have you ever seen the following sign in a chinese restaurant or your favourite potato chips  and wondered what the fuss was all about? Yes? Read ahead please...

"NO ADDED MSG" 

WHAT IS MSG?

Mono Sodium Glutamate is a sodium salt of glutamate. Glutamate is found in milk, meat, fish, mushroom, tomato and even produced by our own bodies. MSG was found to increase the taste of food and was patented by Ajinomoto Corporation of Japan. Hence the common name, Ajinomoto.
THE FIFTH TASTE?
Bet you can name the four basic tastes -  sweet, sour, bitter and salty. Would you be surprised if told that there is a fifth taste? Umami is the so called fifth taste. Forecast as one of the leading food trends of 2010, it has been described as a meaty taste.
MSG is a flavour enhancer and adds to the Umami-ness of food. Its commonly added to Chinese food.
HOW IS MSG PREPARED?
MSG is obtained by the fermentation of  starch or sugar cane.
CHINESE RESTAURANT SYNDROME?
Few people  have reporting sensitivity to MSG. Soon after a Chinese meal, they experienced the following :
•Headache
•Warmth
•Sweating
•Numbness, tingling or burning in face and neck
•Rapid heartbeats
•Chest pain
•Vomiting
•Weakness
However  scientific studies in the same people who thought they were sensitive failed to demonstrate any side effects after they were given food flavoured with MSG.
It is theorised that allergy to other ingredients such as prawns, spices and herbs may have been responsible for the symptoms.
POTENTIAL CONCERNS?
A 2008 study suggested link between MSG and obesity but it was refuted by another study done in 2010.
If you are prone to asthma or wheezing attacks, you may want to avoid MSG.
ANY HEALTH BENEFITS?
Common salt contains sodium. Sodium should be restricted in people who have high blood pressure, heart failure, liver and kidney diseases. MSG contains only 1/3rd sodium of common salt . It can help to reduce the total sodium in a recipe without losing flavour. So it can be a safer alternative to the above people.
IS IT SAFE IN KIDS?
In studies with baby rats, High levels of Glutamate (more than 10 times the allowed amount) caused brain damage and blindness. An important concern is the potential harm in infants whose blood brain barrier is not fully developed. MSG is safe for older children. In fact, even breast milk contains glutamate.
SUMMING UP
Scientific studies so far have concluded that MSG is safe. However you need to avoid it
1) If you have demonstrated symptoms after a meal flavoured with MSG
3) If you are prone to asthma attacks.
So friends, enjoy your chinese food without worrying too much. Bon appetit or as the chinese might say Qǐng xiǎngyòng.


Reference : mayoclinic

10 comments:

  1. good post. explanation is great ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I found Dr. Paul I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another woman. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 3 years with no explanation. I contact Dr.Paul through his website and He told me me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my boyfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. Paul helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. Paul to anyone in need of help. Email: astoriashrine@ gmail com, Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2349051441669

      Delete
  2. letters are bit small.plz change the font size.thanku sir:-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u sir. From the next post, wil do as u suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, You have done a great job. I will certainly
    digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I'm confident they will be benefited from this web site.

    my blog :: Air Max Pas Cher :: http://smu-fr.org/airmaxpascher.html ::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love life has changed for better since the interference of the most powerful spell caster on earth called Dr. OKAYA. My testimony today is in regard of the help that Dr. OKAYA render me when my lover departed from me. Anonymous from United States. It gives me joy today in writing this testimony as a way of showing my appreciation to Dr. OKAYA. Happily I can say today I am living a happy life with my lover and also my Relationship life is restored and stable. Dr. OKAYA save my relationship from breaking up to a better relationship. My Boyfriend who break up with me before, is now loving me like crazy and I’m loving it! i am very much grateful for restoring peace in my relationship and at the same time i am use this opportunity to advise those that are finding stress and pains in their relationship or marriages to contact Dr. Okaya who is the best spell caster in the world through his contact details via Email: OKAYASPELLHELP@GMAIL.COM or call/Whatsapp +27814506790 or OR His website : https://okayaspellhelp0.wixsite.com/website

      Delete


  5. Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him the more he makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. this spell caster who was a woman told me that my husband is really under a great spell that he have been charm by some magic, so she told me that she was going to make all things normal back. she did the spell on my husband and after 5 days my husband changed completely he even apologize with the way he treated me that he was not him self, i really thank this woman her name is Dr Aluta she have bring back my husband back to me i want you all to contact her who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem she will solve it for you. her email is traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com she is a woman and she is great. wish you good time.
    He cast spells for different purposes like
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dream
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) HIV/AIDS CURE
    (10) is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

    Contact him today on: traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having serious relationship problems with my boyfriend and it had resulted in him moving out to his friend’s apartment. Everything got worse because he started going to bars and strip clubs frequently with his friend, getting drunk and passing out. He always threatens me on phone whenever I call him because of all the bad advises that his friend has given him. I really love him and we had been dating for 6 years which gave us a beautiful daughter. I had also lost a lot of money on therapists until I was introduced to Dr. Okaya by a friend whom he helped to marry her childhood boyfriend; this gave me total confidence and strength to get him back. I did all he asked and after 48 hours my boyfriend called me and rushed back home, things just changed between us emotionally. He has a job and stopped drinking and keeping irrelevant friends. It’s a miracle I never believed was possible because I had lost all hope until I found Dr.Okaya. So that’s why I promised to share my testimony all over the universe. All thanks goes to Dr.Okaya for the excessive work that he has done for me. Below is the email address in situation you are undergoing a heart break, and I assure you that as he has done mine for me, he will definitely help you too. OKAYASPELLHELP@GMAIL.COM call/Whatsapp +27814506790

      Delete
  6. ALL THIS THANKS TO Dr JUMBA HERBAL Center FOR MAKING ME TO BE ABLE TO GET PREGNANT WITH IS NATURAL ROOTS AND HERBAL. shout it loud,go out and reach others who have not heard of it .it is real Dr JUMBA HERBAL Center is really doing a great works within and outside just try it and you will testify just as i am testifying now, My name is Hillary Robert from London i have this infection that lead to womb blockage and there was no hope at all the hospital i went said nothing but that there on hope for 4 years that i have waited no child then i came across Dr JUMBA HERBAL Center online and he is a wonderful native herbalist who told me he can do it but i was scared but since i had no child i have to comply with the rules and regulation and now am carrying my child just try it and see your time to celebrate has come . you can reach Dr JUMBA HERBAL Center via email : jumbaherbalis@yahoo.com .

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF REAL AND EFFECTIVE SPELL FROM DR Osasu My name is Olivia Jayden, I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr. Osasu , She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 48hours my husband will come back to me, In less than 48hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child,if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:email: drosasu25@gmail.com Or WhatsApp or call him now:
    +2347064365391 . Dr.Osasu also cures: 1. HIV / AIDS 2. HERPES 1/2 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) 5. Hepatitis B

    ReplyDelete

Excited to hear your comments...